Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mickey Mouse is racist


Okay, so I didn't want to admit that I have actually seen the ABC Family movie "Another Cinderella Story," but I feel that something needs to be said about it. Because when don't I have something to say about stupid shit like this? (seriously people? you called it "ANOTHER Cinderella Story"? it sounds like even you are tired of your own bullshit).

Okay so first of all, I got roped into watching this fuckery because apparently some of my friends are still stuck in their pre-teen years (you know who you are). And the entire time I could not help but notice how blatantly racist, stereotypical, and down right offensive Disney movies/shows really are. But no one ever gets heated about it or says anything, and you know why? Because it's expected! Disney is made up of bigots!

Although it may also be true that people never call them on their bullshit because anyone that speaks out against Disney is silently murdered in their sleep by assassins wearing Mickey Mouse ears. I don't know if that's true, it's just a rumor I heard. Or made up.

But I am going to risk the possibility of being slaughtered by the mouse-eared mafia because this has gone too far.

Okay so in this movie, like many other Disney productions, the single two minority characters end up falling in love. Not only can there not be more than two black characters in a Disney movie (the girl may even be part white) but they have to fall for each other because apparently pre-teens can't handle interracial relationships. C'mon man! COME ON!

Okay next there is the scene with the Asian family that comes to clean and do the poor white girl's shit so she can go dance with that white boy or whatever. And OF COURSE the Asian man speaks broken English, says something along the lines of "love you long time" or whatever, and is a CLEANER! Damn Disney, you might as well have him give the girl a damn pedicure and ask her when she wants her dry cleaning done by. COME ON!

Then there are the stereotypes about punky skateboarder girls and emo chicks (yeah, I'm so going there). Us poor emo kids get a bad rap. They dye this actresses' hair red, put her in a safety-pin designed shirt, tell her to use the word "emo" and make her talk like she's got demons inside her. I kind of lost track of where I was going with this because so far they are actually dead on. We'll skip this part. 

What really annoyed me was their attempt to make the next up-and-coming Disney whore Selena Gomez look really "chill" and "hip" by making her a skateboarder chick. Okay look, no matter how cool you look carrying a skateboard around (and wearing your Disney approved knee and elbow pads), if your eyes bug out of your head and you look like you're staring death in the face whenever you get on the skateboard...the coolness factor is gone. 

Maybe I'm just bitter that I'm past my prime and can never be whored out by Disney. Those kids and their promise rings just always look like they're having so much damn fun!

2 comments:

  1. HEY this almost sounds like that time we saw HSM3 together by choice I MEEEEEEEEEEEAN, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. randomly ended up on this because i searched what other people thought about this appalling movie because i noticed racist innuendos as well. there was one other guy in the movie that was asian too and of course he was super nerdy and only cared about rocketships and science or whatever. such a BLATANTLY stereotype driven movie. anywhoo, i agree with you, random person :)

    ReplyDelete